New to yoga? Want to know what you need to do to begin?
First of all, everyone has had a first class. It is a new, scary and totally unknown experience.
With us at Maui Hot Yoga, you dont have to worry, we are here to be your healing guides on your journey into learning yoga, its practice and its benifits for mind, body as well as spirit.
Since 2009, Maui Hot Yoga has opened its doors and have created an environment to facilitate healing on all levels. From the outer to the inner, we believe yoga helps one discover the light within.
As a teacher training school, all of the teachers at Yoga Oasis have endured 200, 500 and over 1000 hours of training in the ancient and philosophy of Yoga. They are well skilled in teaching students of all levels. If you are new to yoga, are working through injuries and have concerns about your capability, feel free to build a relationship with your yoga teacher. Beginners, intermediate as well as advanced practitioners of yoga all can find the class or the teacher that suits their personal needs.
Yoga Oasis offers special beginner rates–
$30 for an unlimited week of yoga classe
All of our classes are for all levels, and we offer special beginners classes
Class Etiquette, 101:
1. Arrive 10 – 15 minutes (15-20 for your first class) early to have enough time to store your personal items, find a place, roll out your mat and gather any needed props. If you ever DO arrive late, please sit and wait for the opening of class to be completed before you walk across the room or make any noise rolling out your supplies. We do not have changing rooms, but we do have a large bathroom to change in if needed. Please try to get to your first class with a few minutes to fill out the intake form.
2. Introduce yourself to the instructor and feel free to discuss any injuries or concerns you may have.
They are there to help assist you during your yoga experience. The more the teacher knows about you, the better they can hep you in your class.
3. When the group centering begins, close your eyes and allow yourself to settle. The call of “om” shared in many yoga classes is a vibrational toning and mirror to the radiance of the universal hum. If you would rather pass on sharing, then just sit quietly & feel it resonate through all your cells. The sound OM is beyond words. It is a great way we all connect and center in the class.
4. During class, listen to the cues the teacher is sharing and you’re your movements and personal adjustments with kindness and attention. Any confusion you may experience of right and left is to be expected. This is your brain recalibrating your self and body awareness.
If you feel tired or light headed, rest. Your instructor will give you the invitation to a great pose “Child’s Pose” or “Savasana” and it will ease you back into finding your breath or cooling your jets.
5. It is not appropriate to talk or walk around during class. Yoga is a place where we learn to go within and practice how to quiet our mind.
6. During the class, it is suggested that you stay on your yoga mat. Learn to stay with the feelings and strive to honor the group energy.
7. At then end of your class, kindly wipe up your sweat, neatly put away all props. We suggest that you try and introduce yourself to at least one person in class, it will help you feel more connected the next time you come.
What you will need to bring to class-
1. a large beach towel (we have towels for rent)
2. a large bottle or water (we sell water)
3. a yoga mat (we have mats for rent)
4. A open heart & mind (inquire within)
We sell yoga mats, yoga clothing & all the yoga accessories you need.
If you have a groupon this means you have never been to our studio before.
Groupons are for use one time only and are for new clients only. They expire after 60 days.
We will need your groupon voucher number.
this is a bar code with a number that we need to validate your groupon.
we cannot validate your groupon or regester you without this number.